On Tuesday, September 5, 2017, Fr. Denning released a statement to the Stonehill College community regarding the Trump administration’s decision to end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program (DACA).
We have compiled a list of links below to provide more information on President Trump’s announcement.
– For a quick summary of the impact of this announcement, United We Dream has posted a list of Five Things You Need to Know.
– Read the full transcript of Attorney General Jeff Sessions’s statement on September 5th.
– Read the remarks made by President Obama when he initially announced the DACA program on June 15, 2012.
– Read President Trump’s September 5, 2017, press release on his decision.
– View the US Citizenship and Immigration Services website on the DACA program.
– The Immigrant Legal Resource Center is offering a webinar on September 7, 2017, to discuss what this means for current and pending DACA applicants, what clients can and should do now, and how to get support advocacy moving forward.
-The National Education Association has created a webpage of tools and resources for those who may be impacted by this announcement.
– Scholarly organizations such as the APA and scholarly publications such as the Journal of Public Economics have also published studies on the impact of DACA; if you are interested in learning more, our Reference Librarians would be happy to assist.