Hey, Thanksgiving break is almost here. Here are three quick and simple tips for a sustainable and fun Thanksgiving!
- Try something organic!
- Eating organic is one way to be sustainable and environmental friendly. It would reduce the environmental impact.
- Go to a local farm!
- Meet your local farmer and start getting that fresh produce for Thanksgiving. This could go beyond Thanksgiving also. You could start getting that fresh produce! Plus, it would always be fun to volunteer with a group of friends and family!
- These links are a few farms in the Easton area!
- http://www.easton.ma.us/boards_and_committees/agricultural_commission/click_here.php (A local farmer’s market)
- http://www.stonehill.edu/community-global-engagement/the-farm-at-stonehill/ (Even check out our school’s farm!) They love to see volunteers, check it out!
- Have fun and try some sustainable crafts!
- Crafts are always a time for bonding and having fun. Instead, of buying Thanksgiving decorations. Have some time with your family by making recycled projects! It will be time well spent with your family and a great help to the environment. The link below is for some crafts you can try!
HAVE A GOBBLE-TASTIC THANKSGIVING!
- Natisha Moore