- NEH Summer Programs
- Teaching Renewal Retreat for Advanced Career Faculty (Winston Salem, NC)
- Deis Impact!, Brandeis’s week of social justice events will be held Feb. 1-Feb. 10
- Feb. 1-Deadline to sign up for this semester’s R.A.C.E Dialog group
- Feb. 1-Pedagogy Travel Grant application deadline
- Jan. 30-iPad Faculty Workshop, 4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m., Duffy 019
- Jan. 31-Dean’s Forum featuring Fr. Jim Chichetto, “Translating Chinese Poetry and Completing a Volume of English Verse on George Washington”, 2:30 p.m., Duffy 101
- Jan. 31-Biology Seminar Series welcomes Dr. David Logue, “Why Do Birds Match Each Other’s Songs?”, 2:30 p.m. Martin Instutute 105
- Jan. 31-Purple Strategies discussion and lunch, 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m., Martin Auditorium
- Jan. 31-Senior Thesis presentation by chemistry major Catherine Lyons, “Optimization of the Syntheses of 3-(phenyldimethylsilyl) cyclohexanone and 3-(phenyldimethylsilyl) cycloheptanone”, 12:45 p.m., Martin Institute 105
- Jan. 31-Senior Thesis presentation by biochemistry major Lauren Hebert, “Single Base Mutations in the 5’-Untranslated Region of Gene II in the M13KE Genome”, 12:45 p.m., Martin Institute 105
- Feb. 3-Faculty Senate meeting, 11:00 a.m.-12:45 p.m., Martin Boardroom
- Feb. 3-New Faculty Seminar, “Increasing Student Motivation“, 11:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m., Duffy 114
- Feb. 4-R.A.C.E. dialogue meeting “Introduction to Conversations on Diversity”, 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., Duffy 114
- Feb. 4-Black History Month Convocation, 4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m., Duffy 220
- Feb. 6-Book Launch, Fr. Steve Wilbricht, “Rehearsing God’s Just Kingdom”, 4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Feb. 7-The Office of Intercultural Affairs presents the Conference on Diversity and Inclusion, 4:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m., Martin Auditorium
- Feb. 7-Biology Seminar Series welcoms Dr. Nicole Cyr, “Taking a Bite out of Obesity by Understanding the Neural Controll of Body Weight”, 2:30 p.m., Martin Institute 105
- Feb. 7-Dean’s Forum presents Fr. Rick Gribble, “Navy Priest: The Contribution of Captain Jake Laboon, S.J.”, 2:30 p.m., Duffy 101
- Feb. 11-TIAA CREF 1:1 meetings, Merkert Tracy 249
- Feb. 11-R.A.C.E. Dialogues, “Ethnicity and Race”, 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., Duffy 114
- Feb. 11-Reception to celebrate rank and tenure recipients, 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m., Martin Auditorium
- Feb. 12-Art of the Heirloom:Hudson Valley Seed Library exhibit reception, 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m., Cushing Martin Gallery
News and Notes
- Candace Walters, Associate Prof., VPA Dept. has a solo exhibition at the Clark Art Gallery from January 2- Feb. 1, 2014.
- Join Heather Heerman on Wednesdays from 12:00-1:00pm at the May Pavilion Skating Rink.
- The 8:00 a.m. masses have resummed in Our Lady of Sorrows Chapel in Donahue Hall.
- Please take time to complete the Stonehill image and identity survey.
Email items for next week to Stephanie DesRosiers